Modify Your Online Search Bar Settings
With PTOffice, you have the ability to add an online member search bar to your website. You also have the ability to control which profile fields you would like to be able to be searched on.
Here's how to modify your online search bar settings:
- LOGIN to PTOffice
- Choose WEBSITE from the hamburger menu in the upper left-hand corner
- Once the WEBSITE DASHBOARD loads, click the PAGES menu item on the left
- Hover over the page name you would like to add the search bar to or edit and click the PTOffice Page Builder link.
- You are now in page editing view. Either drag and drop the Member Search Bar widget to your page or click on an existing search bar widget to open the widget editor
- Here you can click the EDIT link to choose the various fields you wish to be able to be searched on.
- Click SAVE
- Click DONE and then PUBLISH to update your live site.
All online directory search settings can be found by going to the Directories module. Once there, choose “Edit Online Search Bar Settings” from the ‘Actions’ drop down menu.
To add the search bar to a particular web page, do the following:
- Go the WEBSITE module
- EDIT the page you wish to add the search bar using the PTOffice Page Builder tool.
- CLICK the “+” button in the upper right hand corner of the page to show all the available modules to choose from.
- Scroll down to the “ADVANCED” section and then drag and drop the ‘Member Search Bar’ item to the desired location on your page.
NOTE: Members will be prompted to login (if they aren’t already) before any results will return.