With PTOffice, once you ‘graduate’ your students, the system will then place graduating kids (and the whole family if that’s their only child in the school) into an alumni category. Many schools wish to remove these members from their database.
KEY NOTE: You may want to export a copy of your database prior to the removal of Alumni for your own records
Here’s how you to remove all Alumni from your account:
- Login to PTOffice
- Choose CONTACTS from the hamburger menu in the upper-left hand corner
- Click on the Filed to Search drop down and choose Alumni Name
- Check the Show Families Having Only Alumni Students check box.
- If you would like to remove both parents and students of families with no other students in the school, you can now select all records by checking the box to the left of the FIRST NAME column header, and then clicking on any of the records three dot menu options and choosing DELETE > ALL SELECTED CONTACTS
- If you would only like to remove the students and keep both parents, then check the Show Only Alumni Students checkbox as well. You can now select all records by checking the box to the left of the FIRST NAME column header, and then clicking on any of the records three dot menu options and choosing DELETE > ALL SELECTED CONTACTS
Good to know: To get back to the active contacts listing, simply click on the ALL CONTACTS menu header on the left-hand side.