Add a Contact to Your Database
Adding contacts to your PTOffice account is simple. The key is understanding that PTOffice organizes all your members into true 'families' (each family can have up to two households associated to it and up to two parents assigned to each household).
Here's how to add a contact to your organization:
- LOGIN to PTOffice
- Click on the hamburger menu in the upper left-hand corner and choose CONTACTS
- Click the NEW CONTACT button and choose to either add an adult or a child (NOTE: If adding a child, be sure a parent already exists in your system)
- Under the FAMILY INFO panel, begin typing the last name of the contact to see if their family unit already exists. If you see the name appear below, select it to assign the new contact to that family unit. If not, try searching any other possibly names of family members.
5. If no names appear, click the Create new family link and enter the last name of the family in the popup and select SAVE
6. Enter the contact's information in the fields provided and then click the SAVE CONTACT button located in the upper right-hand corner of the page.
NOTE: You can view and add additional members to this family unit under the FAMILY INFO panel. Simply click the +ADD AN ADULT or +ADD A CHILD links you see at the bottom of that panel. Once created, you can then assign the contact to a household by using the FAMILY INFO drop down option.