How-To Organize Groups
With PTOffice, you can organize your membership into groups. Here's how...
- Log in to your PTOffice site.
- Under Membership Management > Manage Membership Settings, choose the Groups menu item.
- Click the 'New Group' button to create a new group.
- Add a Name and Description
- Review the group Settings along the right hand side of the page.
- Be sure to Publish or Save Changes your new group to save your edits.
Examples of groups include, but are not limited to:
- Membership Fees (Paid)
- Email Lists
- Classroom Parents
Group Types: You can create Group Types and assign a group to a specific type. You can then filter group displays on the front-end site pages by the type of group desired. For example, if you want to show a page of 'Classroom' only groups, you can assign all created groups to 'Classroom' and then set the group display settings to 'Classroom only on the front-end.
Tip: Rather than create groups for every grade and/or classroom, collect a child's grade and classroom assignment in a member profile field. Add that field as a searchable field on the Members page - essentially giving a classroom listing!