Importing and Creating Contacts
Because importing members is a fairly tricky business, the PTOffice support team is more than happy to import your MS Excel or CSV file for you at no charge! Simply email the file to firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and website name and we'll have it all done within 2 business days!
Otherwise, we recommend simply spreading the word about your website and asking your members to register to your new site as soon as possible! Here's how someone can register...
- Direct your members to your website.
- Have your members click the 'Register' button at the top of the site.
Manually add a single user:
- LOGIN to your PTOffice account.
- Under the Membership Management menu, choose Members.
- Click the 'Add New' button to add a new user.
- The Profile menu contains basic information for the member. To add details found in the profile fields on the front-end website, click the 'Extended Profile' tab. Here you can enter the user's details.
- Be sure to click the 'Update Profile' button on the respective pages to save your changes.
At this point, if you'd like to invite the member to join your site, you can choose to either enter a password for them and then communicate that password to the member, or choose the ' Send Reset Link' button which will send an email requesting that they reset their password to access your Invite the member:
Note: For a basic member, the suggested role is Subscriber.